Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An Earlier Heaven

I've been absent from my blog for a few days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thankful each and every day. Jeremy, my amazing fiance, helps me remember each day by asking me what I'm thankful for that day. It's always something different, sometimes big and sometimes it's the small things.

Over the past few days I've been especially thankful for time with my little family. As loved ones leave us on this earth it is such an awakening as to how precious family truly is. We may take our time for granted while passing by each other on our way to work or while cooking dinner or comforting a screaming baby, but even in those moments where we may not realize our family is there, they are ultimately the reason we do all of those things and we should never forget that.

Jeremy has an unusual work schedule that requires he be working while I'm at home and at home and sleeping while I'm at work and not so normal weekends, which is a challenge. Don't get me/us wrong, we are incredibly thankful that we both have jobs, but we find that our schedules limit the amount of "family time" we have. This weekend, in the beautiful spring-like weather, we were able to soak up some of that precious "family time". Although some of it was errands and our family photo excursion, it was such a blessing to have time together, laughing, crying (when I smacked myself in the face with Evie's carseat), and just pure love for one another. It doesn't matter how we spend the time together, it is all precious and should be a reminder of why we do all of the things we do.

Today, and every day, I'm so very thankful for my small, but tremendously wonderful little family. Who wouldn't love us? (Ok the baby really does a lot for the group, but seriously we're adorable!)

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven" ~ John Bowring


P.S... while I was looking for a sweet family quote, I thought this also described us so well ;) "Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts." but we clearly have some extra nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment