Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Thankful Heart

I've come to learn that life has a mysterious way of reminding us that we have so much to be thankful for. What I've also come to know is that we need to learn to appreciate those things before it is too late.

My wake up came February 1, 2009 with the sudden passing of my amazing mother. I will write plenty about her here I'm sure, but the main purpose of this blog is for me to take time daily to remember what I'm thankful for. Whether no one else ever reads this, the act of expressing my thankful heart through this blog will help remind me why we pick up the pieces after such life shattering events.

There have been many days since my mom's passing that it has been difficult to find the positive, but I found this quote that has helped me see the glass half full when all I see is empty...

"Some people grumble because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~ Unknown

If you find your way here I would encourge you to share what you're thankful for today.

With heartfelt thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment