Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Mom,

I just thought I’d say
I love you and goodbye
We will miss you dearly
I promise I won’t cry

I will never forget our talks
Conversations on the phone
How happy you were to see me
When I finally came home

You worried so much about me
I worried about you too
I know this is the hardest thing
We’ve ever had to do

I know you’ll always be with me
Wherever I will go
No one needs to show me
I will always know

I don’t know what to do Mom
I never thought I’d lose you
Where will I go from here
I still haven’t a clue

I hope you’ll watch over me
Be my guiding light
Giving me the strength I need
To win this endless fight

You’re my Guardian Angel Mom
Sitting on my shoulder
Whispering your words of wisdom
To use as I get older

I don’t want to say goodbye
But we’ll meet again someday
We’ll pick up where we left off
Before you went away

Mallissa A. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment